Friday, November 9, 2012

Faith

I can't imagine what it's like for my dad to be so vulnerable in front of us girls, his daughters and wife.

Yesterday I picked my dad up from the hospital after he was discharged we went back to the house. We sat in silence for awhile and I watched my dad sit quietly at the table trying to process everything.

I finally broke the silence and said "What are you thinking?"

It's hard for my dad to share things with us sometimes. He has been our protector for years and he knows we worry about him.

Dad shared with me a scripture verse that keeps coming to him (Psalm 46:10) and we talked about how he is in the best hands possible - God's. We hugged and we cried.

This morning as I reflect on that moment with my dad, I am thankful for our faith.

Yes we trust his team of Dr.'s but ultimately our faith is in God.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

There is a lot of anxious feelings going around as we wait to find out what happens next. There is still so much unknown. 

1 comment:

  1. No matter what happens, all of you have such a strong familial support group and that will make such a huge difference :) The dark moments will be there but the love that surrounds all of you will bring you back to hope {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete