Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Looking on the bright side...

It wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Dad goes for another test next week, and will have a follow up appointment one month from now.

Basically this means that he has to get worse before he gets better.

Some would think of this as good news (and I'm really trying to be in that mindset), but it breaks my heart to see my dad's quality of life spiral downward with no end in sight (yet).

Philippians 4:7
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world can not give. So don't be troubled or afraid.


I'll be honest. Last night, I went to bed feeling discouraged. But I woke up this morning feeling peace. I'm thankful for a peace that is beyond my understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment