Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The call we've been waiting for....


I've neglected writing here.....but....

On Saturday, January 9th at 12:00 PM my dad got "the call."

We all got to the hospital around 2:30PM and hung out while they prepped for surgery. Surgery started about 10/11PM.

On January 10th my dad had a new beating heart. He was weaned off the ventilator yesterday by 1:00PM and was up WALKING DOWN THE HALLWAY by 5:00PM. Everything is working like it should and they're talking about moving him out of ICU today or tomorrow.

I'm completely blown away. In tears blown away. So thankful to the donor for giving my dad a second chance at life. Thankful for the LVAD and getting him healthy enough to do so well during surgery.

I have so much to write out but wanted to put an update out here. <3

2 comments:

  1. This news was exciting for me as well. Your dad is on a journey ... and it continues with his family. Can't ask for much more than that. There will be up and there will be downs ..... the goal now is to celebrate life EVERY day! I wish your family the best! God Bless! (And prayers for the donor family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journey is inspiring. Thank you for sharing as I am on my own journey. Peace and Blessings to you and the donor family.

    ReplyDelete