Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Embrace change.

I've struggled to find the time to blog, though the absence of blogging doesn't reflect the lack of having anything to blog about.

There has been many highs and lows since my last post, a birth (our third child was born in May!) and a death of a close loved one included.

Dad was being considered for a study (details here) and we found out in August that due to his current heart condition he did not qualify.  While we are disappointed, we are trusting that this door was closed for reasons beyond our understanding.

My whole life I've struggled with change. I put up a good fight, kicking and screaming (& many times crying). In this season, I'm realizing my struggle, I'm trying to embrace it. I emphasize the word trying because I have definitely not mastered this whole "embrace change" thing. In fact, just this week I had a tantrum over a work situation. I still have a lot of growing to do, but right now I first need to have those moments- those crying, kicking & screaming tantrums. Personally, they allow me to stand up, move on and embrace the change. So if you see me throwing an adult tantrum - let me. I will soon get back up and move on- embracing it all.

So much has changed since June 2012. My dad can't do everything he wants to do. He can't walk the beach with my mom up at the cottage. He can't run around and play baseball with his 11 grandkids. He can't tend to his garden like he enjoys doing. I know he struggles with these changes. I pray that when he needs to have a tantrum about his situation- he is able to, I also pray that he's able to stand up, embrace the change, and enjoy life in other ways.



"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, 
move with it, and enjoy the dance." - Alan Watts

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your post! :-)

    Congrats on the recent birth and another level of excitement added to your family.

    Condolences on your loss as well.

    Change can be difficult and we all adapt, or not, in our own way. If a tantrum helps, then go for it.

    Just be there for your dad when and how you can, but please, please, please remember to take care of YOURSELF too.

    Sending you a big dose of hope and more prayers for your dad.

    God Bless!!

    DAP @ My2ndHeartBeat

    ReplyDelete